Saturday, May 29, 2010

Writing Update

I've been learning the struggles of following through on ideas and actually writing the story instead of brainstorming a new idea every week and never really getting any writing done.

The Holly Lisle editing course I'm taking is very helpful, but also very difficult. I'm confident in the way it will help me get published, but fearful that if I don't get moving it won't happen.

My new book idea is actually one that I began with in my 2 Year Novel course through www.fmwriters.com I found a new setting that allowed me not to be preachy, and am rolling with it. Hopefully I will ride the momentum through the inevitable moment where I think the book is worthless and resist the shiny new idea.

I heard a good podcast on writing that said to make 250 words your daily writing goal because you know you can do it, and if you do that every day, you'll have around 365 pages in one year, which is the size of a book. Here's to that goal, starting tonight!

No comments: